Monday, February 22, 2010

A WALK TO REMEMBER and CLIFFSNOTES

A WALK TO REMEMBER



Hard to believe that after seeing three of Nicholas Sparks’ movies this is the first book that I've read by him. This is also the first book that I've read AFTER seeing a movie. It's always been the other way around. I've never been interest in reading a book after seeing the movie. I mean, why would I?

That I’m a romance writer, and having two of his movies A WALK TO REMEMBER, and THE NOTEBOOK, on my list of all time favorite movies, I craved to read the written words. I aspire to write such novels one day. With that in mind, I set out to read A WALK TO REMEMBER and right after it, The Cliffsnotes.

The book was very good, so good I couldn't put it down. Into the second day of reading it I stayed up well past midnight to finish it. I even cried, though I had known the story well.

I was surprised at how different the book was from the movie...both in good and bad ways.

In the end, I would have to say that both the movie and the book stand alone. Both were brilliant, wonderful stories, each bringing something different to the final product.

I've just started the Cliffsnotes and can't wait to get a glimpse into how an author created such a masterpiece. I plan on reading THE NOTEBOOK as well. It will be interesting to see how different that novel is from the movie, as WALK TO REMEMBER was.

All in all, A WALK TO REMEMBER will remain to me an amazing story with characters that came alive and I believe will never leave me.

CLIFFSNOTES



I was excited to get THE CLIFFSNOTES and begin reading it after finishing the novel, A WALK TO REMEMBER. It wasn't exactly what I thought it would be but found it helpful just the same. I was hoping for more of an outline of the novel from the author. It did give a complete description of the entire story though it was not in Sparks’ perspective. The section that I got the most from was towards the end, The Character Analyses, and the section on, Critical Essays.

No comments:

Post a Comment