Tuesday, February 23, 2010

ISOLATION


I have been a fan of Travis Thrasher's for some time but had not yet read anything other then his "love stories" (which are amazing!). Of course I knew that I'd be in for a treat.

Right from the first page I was instantly drawn into the story. There was so much mystery I couldn't stop reading, needing to find out where it was all leading. As the story unfolded my mind raced to different theories.

The last part of the book shocked me as several things were slowly revealed. I can't believe I actually liked one of the characters, feeling drawn to him and wondering about his story...well, I got HIS story, alright! And much more!

Here I was reading ISOLATION, a book about supernatural things that very morning, I kid you not, I'd just read about Shadrach, Meshack, and Abendnego in my Bible. I must confess that I grew up singing their song in Sunday school but when I started reading about them in the Bible that morning I was initially confused. The section I was reading was titles, The Four Men in the Fiery Furnace. I said to myself...what four men...there were only three in the song: Shadrack, Meshack, and Abendnego. Of course as I continued to read I learned it was Jesus they were referring to as the fourth man.

A shiver shot through me as I read the final pages of ISOLATION. I'm not entirely sure if it was because of the words Travis used to describe God being with Zach, or the fact that I'd just read about that very thing that morning. If I had to guess, I'd say it was the combination of the two. The wonderful message Travis so magnificently depicted, and having just read it that morning.

That story from the Bible will now be forever cemented in me because of reading it in both fiction and non-fiction within hours of one another. Wow, it still gives me the chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment