Friday, February 26, 2010

MERE CHRISTIANITY



It's hard to believe that I've had this book sitting on my bookshelf for nearly six years. Had I known what I was missing I would have picked it up sooner. But as we Christians know, it's all in Gods' perfect timing. I may very well have not been ready for it six years ago.

This may be a small book in terms pages but it is packed full of wisdom. I often had to reread a sentence and even paragraph before I was able to grasp what the author was trying to convey but it was well worth it.

MERE CHRISTIANITY is for all believers no matter where they are at their walk with Christ, as well as for seekers. All who read this amazing book will walk away a better person for it. At least I would hope they would. A great tool for all Christians.

As a lover of music, I loved what C.S. Lewis said in chapter ten, titled HOPE:

"All scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible. Musical instruments are mentioned because for many people (not all) music is the thing known in the present life which most strongly suggest ecstasy and infinity."

Music is a huge part of my soul, who I am. To read of it in scripture and know Gods' intentions in regards to it goes way beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment