Friday, December 10, 2010

THANKSGIVING GROOM



When I pick up a book with the name BRENDA MINTON on it, I know I’m in for a treat. Just as I’ve come to love about Brenda’s books, the characters and the story that unfolds in THANKSGIVNG GROOM had me turning the pages, wanting to know what happens next. What great characters!

I have to admit that the cover of a book speaks volumes to me, being a visual person and all. I also have to admit that I wasn’t too enthused with this particular cover. Funny how things have a way of taking you by surprise, though. I knew the exact moment in the book that the cover was created for and it was so perfect it changed my whole view of it. It was a very profound moment for it had become alive.

I loved Tuckers, as well as Penelope’s story. Brenda has an amazing way of portraying stubborn, hardheaded characters, yet you can’t help but fall in love with them. She also has a way with delivering some really great lines that leave you in awe of her writing.

I must say the ending really did it for me. The way it all came together, and what Tucker did (Sorry, you’ll have to read it to find out.) stirred up many emotions. Very touching.

Can’t wait for her next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment