Thursday, December 9, 2010

THE MAN I WANT TO BE - CHRIS YOUNG



Okay, so I’ll admit it. There are times I purpose a CD for one song in hopes that I’ll like enough of the others on it to make it worth my wild. Once I receive the CD, I’m often so enamored with that one particular song that I can’t stop listening to it, thus never getting to the others on the album…or I only listen once through, not really absorbing each one for it’s uniqueness. There are those times when a song hits you right away and you fall quickly in love with it and other times where it takes hearing it a few times before you become hooked.

Mind you, this does not happen all the time but with this particular album, it did. So I specifically purchased it for GETTING YOU HOME. Months later I have the radio on in my car, something I rarely do (always listen to CD’s), and an amazing song comes on, VOICES. It didn’t take long to recognize the amazing, soothing, deep rich voice of Chris Young. Immediately it hit me that I may very well have that song.

When I got home I punched in CHRIS YOUNG on Amazon, and just as I thought, he only has two CD’s out and I have them both! What a great surprise that was. Since then, I’ve listen to the entire album over and over, loving ALL of it.

Funny how things work out sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment