Thursday, April 8, 2010

WHY FRENCH WOMEN DON'T GET FAT


Everyone should read this book. It has a lot of wonderful insight to eating right. I don't believe in "diets". What I believe in is eating healthy. Watching the amount you eat, how often you eat and what time of day you eat. Making good decision. Exercise. This book basically reiterates that with some helpful hints.

It's been several years since I read thIS book so I don't recall a lot of details. What I do remember, what I got out of it the most is to pay attention when you're eating. Have no distractions. I totally believe in this process though I don't follow it. I have kids that often interrupt meals, and when they aren't around I'm I like to get in a little reading. But I am more aware of what I'm putting ino my mouth as I eat since reading the book.

The other thing I got out of this book is that dark chocolate is good for you...so to speak. And I LOVE dark chocolate so I now have a stash in my refrigerator, and have a VERY small piece of it everyday. I truly believe this helps satisfy any possible craving for "junk" as much as living by the rule, you should be able to indulge in some good things that aren't necessarily good for you. It's all about quantity and moderation, and you must make great choices the rest of the time, along with exercising.

So all in all, I felt there were several things in this book that were good enough that to this day I still incorporate into my life. Therefore, I deem this book well worth the money I paid, and the time I spent reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment