Tuesday, April 20, 2010

REMEMBER ME


After reading PIECES OF SILVER the ending left me with no other choice but to immediately start reading the next, REMEMER ME. I don't recall having read a book that ended in such a way I HAD to read the next. There was no way I couldn't after an ending like that.

The second book didn't disappoint. Right from the first page I was captivated as I was swiftly brought into Josef's world with lots of surprises. It's hard to believe how quickly I went from not really knowing Josef, nor liking him to feeling sympathy and warmth towards him. I thought that was an amazing feat on the author's part.

REMEMBER ME could be separated into three books. The first portion was a true love story where Lissa and Josef fall in love as they get to know one another. I loved Hank's dedication to his son as well as the changes Josef goes through. The next section of the book had Lissa and Josef off to war with all that entails. And the final section is revealing Josef's past with the inevitable trial.

So what I walked away with after reading this book is a wonderful love story as well as one of change and redemption. It was fascinating to live through a war, as well as the early 1900's with the characters. I felt as though I was right there with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment