Sunday, March 28, 2010

HER LONE COWBOY


As usual, I couldn’t resist the book section at the store. I already have many books at home to read but like to checkout the latest, especially looking for any new books that are out by my favorite authors. If there’s a cowboy on the cover or mention of one in the title that always catches my eye as well. To be honest, many of the “Harlequin” and “Steeple Hill” books are basically the same.

HER LONE COWBOY caught my eye because of the cover and the title. As I often do, I started to read the first few pages. They’re typically the same, so I often put them back down knowing I have far too many books waiting to be read at home. Not so with this one. This cowboy had lost an arm. Not your typical storyline. And from the few pages I had read, it was well written. I couldn’t put it back. I had to know how the author handled such a storyline.

In only a day and a half I had completed HER LONE COWBOY. This was my first read by this author, and I’ll be looking for her books in the future. The book was very well written with an original storyline. I also loved that she kept it clean. Very refreshing. I quickly fell in love with Noah, as well as love Lily’s character. Many great lines, and never a dull moment.

3 comments:

  1. Kym - oh wow, thanks! I'm really pleased the first few chapters caught you enough to buy the book - and even happier you enjoyed the rest.

    I have such a soft spot for Noah, so your review has made my Sunday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, thanks for stopping by my blog. Noah certainly is a great character. He really made me think about someone in his position in a whole new light. I have no doubt anytime I see someone with the same circumstance as Noah, I will think of HER LONE COWBOY, and hope that they too have someone as special as Lily in their life.

    I would think writing a romance based around Noah’s circumstance would be tricky but you really pulled it off. You really touched on many questions that would come up in a very natural way. I didn’t find it awkward at any point, and instead found myself falling for Noah.

    Thanks again for writing such an amazing story. I look forward to reading many more books by you in the future.

    ReplyDelete