Saturday, March 13, 2010

THE COWBOY'S COURTSHIP



Can you say perfect? That is the word that comes to mind in regards to this book. I'm pretty sure I read one of Brenda Minton's books in the past, and what I remember is that she was a good writer. What I didn't remember is that she is an amazing writer! Really, As one that has way too many unread books at home, spotted this book on the bookshelf of Wal-Mart, and because it was Inspirational AND had a cowboy on the cover, and in the title I picked it up.

That was my first mistake.

The second was to start reading it. Yikes, I now HAVE to read more, so off into my cart it went, to the checkout, and now only a couple days later I'm writing a review on it. I'd put her writing right up there with Debra Clopton whom has been one of my all time favorite Steeple Hill writers.

As an aspiring romance writer I've found only a handful of authors that can pull off the inspirational romance in my eyes, and even less with my favorite theme, Cowboys. One of the reasons I picked this book up off the bookshelf was out of curiosity to read a modern day inspirations cowboy/ranch setting and Brenda Milton exceeded all expectations.

I'll be looking for more "cowboy type settings" from Brenda in the future.
the

No comments:

Post a Comment