Wednesday, June 29, 2011

STEP UP


I wasn't sure what to expect when I borrowed STEP UP from my library. I'd caught a glimpse of the trailer and liked the music with an upbeat tempo.

What I hadn't expected was an engaging movie with great acting and a storyline that were both moving and captivating. I'd loved Channing Tatum in DEAR JOHN and SHE'S THE MAN, and he didn't disappoint in STEP UP. Who knew he could dance as well as act?

An overachieving dancer, Nora Clark, played by Jenna Dewan-Tatum, loses her dance partner before an important performance due to an injury. Tyler Gage, played by Channing Tatum, is a rough, streetwise guy is doing community service at the school for performing arts where Nora attends. Faced without a partner, Nora takes a chance and asks Tyler to step up to the challenge. Tyler, though hesitant, steps out of his comfort zone into an unknown world. One he never dreamed he'd be a part of but now envisions.

Take a chance and STEP UP to hope, faith, and your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment