Thursday, July 15, 2010

VALENTINE'S DAY



My daughter had waned to see the movie VALANTINE’S DAY, so when our library got it, I borrowed it. From what her friends said it would be confusing in the beginning but in the end would make sense. I made sure to pay close attention.

The movie started out good enough, and kept my interest throughout. Lots of great actors, and situations. You could anticipate a few ending but it was fun just the same. What I hadn’t anticipated was two of the characters outcomes. And because of that I was sorely disappointed.

Oh why, oh why do they have to go there! That alone pretty much killed the movie for me. I won’t get into it for I will not judge, nor do I want to be judged for saying so. I just don’t understand why society feels the need to… Oh yeah, it’s all about money, and power, and “freedom of”…silly me.

Anyway, if the one situation hadn’t done it for me in killing the movie, the two main characters I would call them, didn’t deliver in the end. You knew what would happen, and that would be great. But in my eyes it kind of drizzled out. They could have done something really special with it, yet chose not to. Instead it was just kind of awkward, and bluntly ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment