Thursday, December 31, 2015

CATCH OF A LIFETIME by CANDEE FICK

Title: Catch of a Lifetime
Author: Candee Fick
Publisher: Bling! Romance (November 2, 2015
Pages: 230

I am smack dab in the middle of giving CATCH OF A LIFETIME by CANDEE FICK four or five stars. Let me begin by saying I am not a football fan – thus the only reason I may not give it five stars. Therefore CATCH OF A LIFETIME had one huge strike against it when it came to me reading this book. However, let me also add that MS FICK in a phenomenal writer, for one would have to be to keep a non-fan of a plot, reading.

Cassie Parker is starting a new job, a new school, and a new life. What she didn’t figure on was that starting new meant being placed right in the middle of her worse nightmare.

Falling for Cassie Parker could quite possibly mean putting Reed Worthington’s job on the line. His team is not only hit with a game changing situation, so is Reeds personal life.

Not being a football fan, I have little – and I do mean little – knowledge about the game. MS FICK managed to make me feel as though I was in the misty of the playing field. She was able to spin together authenticity in a way that many authors cannot pull off. Never have I felt as though a story was so true to real life in such an authentic and effortless way. A true sign of a great write.

CATCH OF A LIFETIME is a complete story from start to finish. The writing is brilliant. I especially loved the ending. I hadn’t seen it coming, yet it was believable and done masterfully. MS FICK incorporated all the elements needed to produce a great story. I would not hesitate to read another of her book.


*Please see my profile for more information on this review. *Please see my profile for more information on this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment