Tuesday, October 5, 2010

THE LAST SONG


As soon as I heard about this movie coming out, I knew I had to see. I was pleasantly surprised by Miley's acting. I think she did a great job. It was an amazing story. Having watched a few of Nicholas Sparks movies, I know to expect something amazing...except when I read the book first.

After seeing A WALK TO REMEMBER several times, I finally made the decision to read the book. The first of the Nicholas Sparks books I've read. Though it was well written and a good story I could not believe how different it was. I guess I should have known then when I decided to see DEAR JOHN how different the movie would be from the book. What a letdown that was, though I'm sure it would have been good if I hadn't had the book to base if off of. Why, oh why do authors let that happen! And movie directors. If a book is a hit, why in God's name would they change it? And I mean major changes. It makes me wonder which I should do...read Nicholas Sparks books or see his movies?

It's not really working, doing both.

No comments:

Post a Comment