Tuesday, May 25, 2010

THE PAINTED VEIL



To be honest, the cover intrigued me when I spotted this movie at my local library. I took it home and it sat on my dresser for a week or so before I finally watched it. Several days later, the movie still resonates in me.

THE PAINTED VEIL is one of those stories that takes you slowly along for the journey. But that is not too say it is without context. There are many gentle, yet powerful messages woven throughout. One is set upon this emotional string of liking, then disliking, and then really feeling for the characters.

This is one of those “you don’t want to miss” movies. If it is in book form, I would have loved to have read it for I have no doubt that if I had, it would have been one of those powerful, forget-me-not books.

THE PAINTED VEIL is not just a great movie, it’s a great story that one would be wise to take note of the life lessons taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment