Wednesday, May 19, 2010

LESSONS FROM SAN QUENTIN: EVERYTHING I NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE I LEARNED IN PRISON



Wow, what an amazing book. I was quickly drawn into Bill's story of transformation from a selfish, godless human, to one devoted to his faith and living for God. This is a must read for all that are in the prison ministry, know of someone in the prison ministry, or are or have been in prison. I only wish it were currently available in paperback so I could order several copies for the inmates that I write too.

What a wonderful message of how God can transform our lives if only we allow Him too. Everything in this book is what I believe in, yet Bill has brought it to life in the pages in a way that will penetrate your soul, and having you saying, "yes, only God".

I hope that after reading this book and others like it, you will gain some insight to those that find their way into the prison system. That they too are people loved by God and created for a purpose, and deserve respect. There's not one of us who hasn't sinned or made mistakes.

If this story has tugged at your heart and made you think about those locked behind bars in a new way, check out the prison ministries available through your local church. I'm the coordinator for the adult prison pen pal program though my church. We go through, Christian Pen Pals. Check out their website at, christian-penpals.com. Their a great organization that matches inmates with Christian volunteers. It's a wonderful ministry, one that will bless you beyond the blessing you will bring to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment