Sunday, February 16, 2014

WITH AUTUMN’S RETURN: A WESTWARD WINDS NOVEL, by AMANDA CABOT


Title: With Autumm’s Return: A Novel (Westward Winds)
Author: Amanda Cabot
Publisher: Revell (January 21, 2014)
Pages: 416

Wow, wow, and WOW! WITH AUTUMN’S RETURN is the third and final book in the Westward Winds series, and what a series it is. I can’t recall a single other author that I’ve read where each book I’ve read of theirs in a series has increased so greatly in how well it’s written.
 
The first book in the series, SUMMER OF PROMISE, caught my eye due to the location the story revolves around. Not long before discovering the book, I had gone to Hartville, Wyoming, and visited Ft Laramie. As I read the story, it wasn’t hard to imagine the location where it all took place, having been there. If I return one day, I will now do so with thoughts of AMANDA CABOT’S story.

With the second book in the series, WAITING FOR SPRING, I loved the characters, as well as the plot even more than the first. MS CABOT’S writing and storytelling had noticeably improved.
 
That brings us to WITH AUTUMN’S RETURN. Elizabeth Harding, the youngest of the three Harding girls, moved to Cheyenne, Wyoming, to open her own medical practice. Not an easy endeavor for a woman.

Jason Nordling is not a happy man, in spite of having just won a case. When he goes next door of his law practice to meet his new neighbor, it doesn’t sit well that the new doctor in town is a woman.
 
WITH AUTUMN’S RETURN started out with a bang. Wow, talk about a great beginning, with intense tension between two characters. But it didn’t stop there. No, the entire novel was remarkable with wonderful humor, great pace, interesting information, and superb writing. Before reading WITH AUTUMN’S RETURN, I had placed AMANDA CABOT on my favorite list of authors. She has now moved up on the list.
 
I was in awe of her writing, the lines she came up with, as well as how she delivered every word. The plot was refreshing, and intriguing.  Romance with a mystery, neither too much nor too little. WITH AUTUMN’S RETURN, there was not one story, but three. I loved how she so easily incorporated two other couples lives. So natural, not one of them any less engaging then the other.
 
If there was any questions that I’ll be looking for more books by AMANDA CABOT in the future, wonder no more. I will most definitely be keeping my eye out for new arrivals.

*Please see my profile for more information on this review.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment