Friday, February 1, 2013

HOME FOR GOOD by JESSICA KELLER



Title: Home For Good

Author: Jessica Keller
Publisher: Love Inspired (January 22, 2013)
Pages: 224

If I was only allowed one word to describe HOME FOR GOOD by JESSICA KELLER, I guess that would have to be “WOW”. If I had not been told so, I would not have believed this to be MS KELLER’S first novel.

Ali Silver’s husband took off before she had the chance to tell him she was carrying his child. Raising a child on her own hasn’t been easy. When Jericho Freed returns after eight long years, Ali isn’t so forgiving.

Jericho isn’t proud of deserting the love of his life all those years ago, but it couldn’t be helped. He wasn’t the man she deserved. After joining the military and getting his life back on track, Jericho returns to the town he grew up in and the woman he left behind. But will she forgive him enough to allow him back into his life?

At only 224 pages and such a great read, I should have finished HOME FOR GOOD quicker than I did. So why didn’t I? The writing was so rich that I felt the need to take my time to absorb each and every word.

Right from the first page I was sucked in. It began with a POW, but it didn’t stop there. It just kept going. Don’t ask me why, but names are important to me. If the characters name isn’t one that I like, it can hinder my reading. If it is one that I adore, then all the better. All that to say that I loved not only the name Jericho, but his character as well. Maybe the word love is a little strong …Nah.

MS KELLER’S did an amazing job with bringing the characters to life, keeping a wonderful pace, moving the story along in a way that kept you from wanting to put it down. I’m not much into mysteries, suspense or thrillers. I loved the subtleness of the suspense and mystery MS KELLER added. Just enough to spice up the story, yet not enough to take away from the romance.

Will I be looking for more by MS KELLER in the future? You can count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment