Saturday, February 19, 2011

THE COWBOY AND THE LADY



THE COWBOY AND THE LADY automatically grabbed me from the first page and didn't let go until about the hundredth page. Very powerful! I couldn't put it down, needing desperately to find out what was going to happen next.

About the middle of the book the writing/story settled down. There were something’s, as a writer, I would have done differently. The abruptness of the main characters hatred and love for one another, constant changing was a little over the edge. But still, it was we written and a good story. If Ms. Palmer could have carried out the intensity she had from the first half, I would have easily marked this book as one of my top favorites.

I had to wonder what became of, Tess. She appeared to be such a powerful character that would have been a great source of tension between the main characters. She up and vanish without a fight, never to be seen again. It would have been nice to see it played out before her abrupt disappearance.

This story was a good learning tool for me as an aspiring writer. I see the gapes/missing pieces to my own writing reflected in this story. It also gave me hope. Hope that if Diana Palmer can go from this to where she is today, then one day I can, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment