Sunday, March 12, 2017

LONG WAY GONE by CHARLES MARTIN


Title: Long Way GONE
Author: Charles Martin  
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson (October 4, 2016)
Pages: 320


I admit I have only read a few books by CHARLES MARTIN’S, and each time I am blown away by his amazing writing, incredible ability to create a story, the depth of emotion, and perhaps most of all by the content of the plot. 

I recently tried to figure out what it is about MR MARTIN’S writing that has me reading them at a slower pace, yet keeps me engaged until the very end. That something I discovered is pace. MR MARTIN has all the great qualities of a remarkable writer. The only thing that one could consider lacking might be the pace, and or the peaks and valleys. Yet the amazing storyline, emotion, and message holds so much weight, along with his wonderful writing, the pace seems irrelevant. 

“No matter where you go, no matter whether you succeed or fail, stand or fall, no gone is too far gone. You can always come home.”

Cooper O’Conner up and left home, leaving his father and the only life he knows behind. Yet he didn’t leave empty handed. No, he took his father’s cherished guitar and life’s savings. Sadly, it didn’t take Cooper long to lose everything. 

When Daley Cross unexpectedly shows up in Cooper’s life, he has to wonder if it’s too late to tell her the truth about his past, or if he is ready to face it himself.

What a unique telling of a prodigal son. I believe the only reason I have not read more by MR MARTIN is due to the intense plots. They will affect you right down to the very core of your being, and is life changing. MR MARTIN’S stories will remain with you long after you have read the last word. Years later and I am still affected by, WRAPPED IN RAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment