Monday, May 26, 2014

THE ART OF WAR FOR WRITERS: FICTION WRITING STRATEGIE, TACTICS, AND EXERCISES by JAMES SCOTT BELL


 
 
Title: The Art of War for Writers: Fiction Writing Strategies, Tactics, and Exercises
Author: James Scott Bell
Publisher: Writer's Digest Books; Original edition (December 9, 2009)
Pages: 272
 
I had heard others mention THE ART OF WAR FOR WRITERS: FICTION WRITING STRATEGIE, TACTICS, AND EXERCISES by JAMES SCOTT BELL, and to be honest, I resisted purchasing it. I don’t always believe all the hype. That is until I spotted this tiny book at a writing conference a few years back. I finally relented and made the decision to purchase it. Still, it sat on my shelf of books to be read. Now, years later, I finally read it.

Wow! I do believe that God gives you what you need, just when you need it. If ever the saying “Tiny, but mighty” was true, it would be in reference to this book. I just LOVED the extremely short chapters. They are quick, precise, yet packed with core information. All the basics you need to write a great book, without all the fancy words and sentences to jumble your brain, threatening to lose the point. There was not one single chapter - of 77 - that I did not gain knowledge from.

THE ART OF WAR FOR WRITERS will be a book forever near as I continue my writing journey. Even if you have been writing for some time, it’s a quick reminder of the dos and don’t that you are sure to find helpful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment