Monday, September 9, 2013

THE BOSS'S BRIDE, by BRENDA MINTON


Title: The Boss’s Bride
Author: Brenda Minton
Publisher: Love Inspired (August 20, 2013)
Pages: 224

I must admit, I was a little surprised when I ran across THE BOSS'S BRIDE, by BRENDA MINTON, for there was no mention of a cowboy or ranch in the title, or a visual of one on the cover. I'm a HUGE fan of MS MINTON'S, and love anything that involves a cowboy.

Gracie Wilson attempts to make a life of her own, away from her father and overprotective brothers, after ditching her soon-to-be-husband at the altar. She's taken care of the men in her life for far too long. Now it's time to let them fend for their own.

Patrick Fogerty's escape to a small town was every bit intentional, though he'd never imagined finding a "runaway" bride in his store.

I love the concept of the story, though it had a much different feel then the stories I've read by MS MINTON in the past (a total of 18). I have to admit, I prefer the ones with a cowboy as the main character, though I did get excited at the mention of one of Gracie's brothers, a bull rider. I have a sneaky feeling we'll be reading about him in an upcoming book. Yee haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment