Monday, October 22, 2012

HEAVEN by ALEXANDRA ADORNETTO


Title: Heaven
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends; 1 edition (August 21, 2012)
Pages: 432

Since they first met it hadn’t been easy for Bethany Church, an angel, and Xavier Woods, a mortal. Despite the warnings from others, Beth and Xavier’s love couldn’t be denied. Making a brave decision to marry, crossing the line and doing what no others have done, a group of angels, the Seven, were determined to make them pay for their actions.

It all started with my daughter wanting to purchase, HALO. I have to admit the cover was intriguing, along with the synopsis. She read and loved it. Next it was my turn. I fell in love with the characters and the storyline. We waited impatiently for the next to come out, HADES, and finally, HEAVEN.

If I had to pick my favorite between the three, I guess I’d have to say it’s HADES, though the last half of HEAVEN is a close second (You can read my review for HALO and HADES on Amazon.). Overall I loved the trilogy. ALEXANDRA ADORNETTO is an amazing writer with a creative mind that produced an amazing storyline with three dimensional characters.

The first half of HEAVEN was a tad slow, but once you reach the middle it takes off. The slow pace was tolerable due to the wonderful writing. Having read the first two books in the trilogy, there was no way I wasn’t finishing the third one.

I loved the surprises and twists HEAVEN took. I hadn’t a clue how Xavier and Bethany’s story would unfold, but I loved how MS. ADORNETTO played it out. I could never have imagined what the author would do with one of the other characters I love, Gabriel. I’m anticipating with excitement a story about Gabe and Molly.









No comments:

Post a Comment