Friday, August 10, 2012

THE RANCHER’S SECRET WIFE by BRENDA MINTON

 
Title: The Rancher’s Secret Wife
Author: Brenda Minton
Publisher: Love Inspired (July 24, 2012)
Pages: 224

BRENDA MINTON is one of my favorite authors. I’ve read just about every book she’s written, and love them all. THE RANCHER’S SECRET WIFE was no exception. As soon as I saw the cover I was hooked. The title was an extra bonus. Those things are important tools to draw me in with books by other authors, but when it comes to MS MINTON’S books, I know what awaits me inside.

Cheyenne Jones is just stopping by Dawson, Oklahoma to check on the man she married six months ago. She has no plans of sticking around, even though she has no one to count on and nowhere to go. When the grandmother of the man she came to see, insist Cheyenne opens up the old Barber Shop in town, she finds the offer too hard to refuse.

Reese Cooper is known for taking in strays, but when he up and marries a woman he only knew for a few hours, his family doesn’t know what to make of the news.

When Cheyenne unexpectedly shows up at Reese’s parents, he isn’t about to let her walk out and face life alone. Not when he can take care of her…or can he? Even if they did have an agreement and even if that agreement didn’t include love.

I just love Reese Cooper. Then again I love all of BRENDA MINTON’S heroes. I really like her heroines as well, which isn’t always the case when I read a book by other authors. In THE RANCHER’S SECRET WIFE, MS MINTON delivered many amazing lines that had me sighing.

I loved the uniqueness of Reese’s situation. I now have a new found awareness of those with his “disability”. I can’t tell you how many times I said, “Wow, I never thought of that challenge.” Many of us have thought briefly about what it would mean to lose our eyesight, yet in reality we have no clue.

You know when you read that special line in a romance novel that sends tingles down your spine. In THE RANCER’S SECRET WIFE, I felt that sensation so many times I lost track. Reese was that tender.

I can’t wait for the next relationship to blossom in Dawson, Oklahoma. If you have yet to read about the other wonderful characters in this quaint town, do yourself a favor and pick up the other stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment