Tuesday, November 8, 2011

DRY AS RAIN by GINA HOLMES


Title: DRY AS RAIN
Author: GINA HOLMES
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (August 17, 2011)
Pages: 400

Eric Yoshida never imagined he’d be in the position he found himself in after his wife discovered an email from an attractive coworker at the car dealership he worked for. Though their marriage was far from perfect, he hadn’t done anything wrong. Eric’s wife thought differently and sent him packing.

All hope is lost, or so Eric believes. That’s until his wife, Kyra, is involved in an accident that erases part of her memory. Eric believes God has given him a second chance, but is plagued with worry that when Kyra’s memory returns, she’ll discover what he’s done? Or whether or not she’ll forgive him.

You’re taking a chance when you purchase a book by an author you’re not familiar with, especially when it’s a debut novel. GINA HOLMES first novel, CROSSING OCEANS, was recommended to me as a MUST read by a friend. I can’t say enough about how amazing it is. I’m forever grateful that I was introduced to this wonderfully talented writer.

When I received the chance to read MS. HOMLES second novel, DRY AS RAIN, I didn’t hesitate. I imaged it would be good, though I had to wonder if she could pull off another novel as amazing as CROSSING OCEANS.

As I began to read DRY AS RAIN, I soon realized I would be immersed in another fascinating story. One that I would lose track of time and feel as though I were living right in the mist of the characters lives.

Besides the exceptional writing, remarkable lines, three dimensional characters, and wonderful storyline, I’m forever changed by the uniqueness of how MRS. HOLMES plays out the plot. Most stories are predictable with a twist here and there. I have yet to be disappointed with how MRS. HOLMES carries out the story from the very first word to the very last. It will leave you fully satisfied, with no desire to change a thing.

DRY AS RAIN is a realistic, wonderfully amazing love story. One that will illustrate the reality of so many marriages, entwined with fears, trials and tribulations, as well as hope, grace, forgiveness, and second chances.

DRY AS RAIN has a special place in my heart with characters what will last a lifetime.

So impacted by this story, I plan on purchasing a Beta fish as a reminder that love is worth working for, and with God’s grace, there’s always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment